Friday, October 5, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 4


Most Treasured Item
There are so many items I treasure. The most special ones pretty much bring me to tears every time I see them so they live in the bottom drawer of the dresser next to my bed. This blanket is the thing I take out of the dresser and hold when I am feeling lowest. I made it for Reid and although he was never wrapped in it, it is his. The blanket was originally big enough to swaddle Reid but I felt the need to split it up last year. One piece of it is in the memory box that holds his ashes and what was to be his coming home outfit. Another piece is under the blankets of his little sister's crib and the other piece is mine.

(apologies for the crappy i.Phone photography but I am trying to obey doctor's order and rest)

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I hope you are feeling better today. I know just what you mean about being unable to simply take items out of the memory box to photograph. It's just not that easy is it?