Sunday, October 14, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 14


Community

The babyloss community for me takes many forms.

I attended my first support group meeting just 8 days after Reid died and I kept going every month until my subsequent baby arrived. (I just got home from a meeting now so I'm not done yet either.) Sometimes you need to be able to physically see that you are not the only one. 

The Walk to Remember in our area just marked it's 5th anniversary and we have been at the last three walks. Not even rain and snow would keep me away. Because of the event's size, it's not as personal as I would like, but it's good to have a very public way to acknowledge our son.

The online community, the bloggers and the blog readers and Glow In The Woods, they kept me going on a daily basis for months. Those women and their support mean the world to me and I will think of them with love and gratitude for the rest of my life.

The photo is from our first Walk to Remember in 2010, when my online and real life babyloss communities briefly overlapped and I bawled all over Kate, one of the founders of Glow In The Woods.

No comments: