Saturday, April 2, 2011

2 hours left

Two hours left until the exact time of Reid's "birth", 1:24 am April 3rd. Cupcakes are iced and waiting for breakfast tomorrow morning. (If you can't eat cupcakes for breakfast on your dead baby's birthday, when can you eat cupcakes for breakfast?) Candles are lit and many photos of said candles have been taken. I decided long ago that I would be staying up until at least 1:24 am tonight but didn't really plan for what I would do while waiting for 1:24 am so we've ended up watching various re-runs since D went to bed. Really, today has been a hard enough day as it is, I didn't need to make it more difficult by sitting in the dark and crying.

There will be many more pictures to come, too bad none will feature a sweet little boy smushing cupcake in his hair, but for now, this should cover where we are tonight...

9 comments:

Lj82 said...

Thinking of you.

Missy said...

You've been on my mind all day. I wish with all my heart you were posting pictures of Reid with his first birthday cake. All my love to you mama~

Jeanette said...

Thinking of you. x

Rachel said...

Thinking of you and Reid today.

Elaine said...

thinking of you and Reid today. I wish you had your little boy with you on his birthday.

Angela said...

I woke up with you and sweet Reid in my thoughts this morning. I wish he was here to smash cupcakes in his hair. Lots of love to you and your family on Reid's first birthday.

Dana said...

I've been thinking of you and Reid all day. I hope that today was gentle on you, I hope that the anticipation was worse than the actual day. I wish he was in your arms. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sending you love and light.. thinking of you both today.. sweet Reid

Hanen said...

Remembering Reid with you. I think cupcakes are an excellent idea. lots of love xxxh