Monday, March 14, 2011

One week from spring (yeah, right)

Everyone has been posting about the arrival of spring and it actually makes me laugh because this is what my backyard looks like:


No,we don't live inside the Arctic circle, but we have had record snowfalls this winter and the temperatures have stayed stubbornly below zero so very little melting has happened. The snow in the middle of the yard where nothing has been shoveled on to it is probably 30" deep so there's no way there will be more than a few tiny patches of lawn visible by April 3rd. I have started having these ideas about being outside in the backyard surrounded by luminaries at 1 am on April 3rd to mark the time when Reid was born, but it looks like that could be a seriously chilly way to mark Reid's birthday.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Yes, it sure would be. I had to laugh when I saw your backyard. We had that much snow, but it has almost all melted.

I've been thinking about you alot lately. I have started reading a book called Taking Charge of your Fertility and it is really good. Before getting the book. I'd already done lots of reading about fertility, but I've still learned things from this book. I know you are TTC and this book might help. I got it at Indigo.

Missy said...

Ugh I don't envy that pile of snow, but I am sad that the cold may deter your plans for celebrating Reid. Your plan sounds beautiful and for whatever emotional reason it brought tears to my eyes. I hope that you are able to do whatever you want to remember your beautiful boy. You know I'll be remembering with you. All my love to you mama~