Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I actually finished something (besides a chocolate bar)

So you wouldn't think being at the low end of low would encourage me to finish projects, but I've stopped expecting things to make sense around here. I bought most of the materials for a photo album for Reid months ago, but I've been dragging my butt about actually making any progress. (And it's a glorified photo album, NOT a scrapbook, I do NOT do scrapbooking.) My support group does a craft afternoon once a month and this month I needed to be around other DBM's so I went and I took Reid's album to work on. I didn't quite finish it on Saturday, but I did "finish" it yesterday. I will probably add a few more pictures, but it's finished enough to let someone besides me look at it. Not that there are many people I currently trust enough to show it to, but I can take it out and look at it whenever I need to. Of course right now just looking at the cover is enough to make me cry because this is the only photo album for Reid that I will ever have and he's only actually in 2 pictures. Of well, here are the highlights...


I picked the brown because it was masculine without being typically blue
(and the brown looks good with the red I needed to use.)

Of course all the accents are red.


The one good US picture we have.


My favorite pregnancy picture. I was so big I could not
see D when she stood under my belly. It's also the one of
the last "happy" pictures that I have.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sure all the pictures are beautiful and memorable. The ones you included here are amazing. Although *gasp* it does look scrapbook-ish ;) but in a good way of course <3 (((hugs)))

Mindy Bizzell said...

You are so beautiful, and its ok to feel like hell. so much love for you

Angela said...

Beautiful pictures. I agree with Jessica, it looks like scrapbook-ish. I love what you've done. I have pictures and an album for Charlotte, but I haven't put it together yet.

Unknown said...

the album is beautiful...and i'm a total sucker for the red too.

just dropping a comment so that you know there are always people here to listen:)

love and kindness,

andrea

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Beautiful album... It turned out wonderful... I love your pregnancy picture, too cute!

Missy said...

Beautiful photo of you and D! Wrenches my heart for you! I bought a photo album and have a slew of other projects in mind as well, but it feels like starting any of them is something like finality for me. I don't want final.

Lareina said...

It's beautiful... just beautiful. I'm glad you could finally get a chance to make it. Hugz.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...