Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Why do people keep trying to make me decisions right now? Yes, to the the general population I appear to be doing okay, but inside I am a big seething mess. All it takes is a birth announcement to let the seething mess out. I have 2 days left to decide if we should keep D in the preschool we had registered her in back in March. She wouldn't start until September, but we have to start paying now if we want the spot. I still want her to go to the preschool, but if I go back to work, we would have to pull her out. I don't want to go back to work and I am not ready yet, but it would make financial sense to do it if for no other reason than to get benefits if we manage to get pregnant again. Ugh. I hate thinking about this stuff. It just reminds me of what should be happening now in that life I had planned.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I know this is a really hard time. I've told my husband for at least the next little while he has to make every decision, even what we have for dinner. Maybe you should do the same. Let the people in your life know that you are off. Your only job right now is to be a mother to D and to take care of yourself. You are recovering from a hugely traumatic experience and you need to take care of you.

Glo said...

Earning another mat leave was one of the biggest deciding factors in me going back to work after 7 weeks.

Unfortunately not pregnant yet.

I agree would much rather being taking my mat leave with my new baby right now.

Beth said...

what a difficult situation.

if you don't start paying now and change your mind what would the situation be?

i relate to not being able to make decisions. i'm even worse at them now than i ever was before.