Thursday, July 8, 2010

Coping

First of all, thanks to all my fellow DBM's who left me comments after my post this afternoon. You guys are the best. I know I could call people (like Lareina) but it's easier for me to write it out. When I use the phone, I can't undo all the years of conditioning to be calm and polite and to not hog the conversation. When I blog, I can just spill all the bad feelings out and not have to worry about upsetting anyone else.

And now here's my coping mechanism for this evening...

Not great as a long term solution, but just fine for an evening. Yes, it is a big-ass wine glass, it's left over from the pre-parent days when we drank red-wine on a regular basis. It can hold half a bottle, that's why its only 1/3 full. I desperately wanted to drink red wine for most of my pregnancy and I resisted the urge for the entire time (not that it did me any good in the long run). Now it makes me sad that I can drink as much as I want without having to worry about how long until the baby will want to nurse again, but not sad enough to not drink it at all. Hopefully this glass will be the last one I can drink for along time. Here's to getting drunk(well slightly tipsy) and taking advantage of my husband.

4 comments:

Lareina said...

I drank more than my fair share of coolers after Kaelen so imbibe away honey!! Hugz!

Catherine W said...

Love the big wine glass!
Oh my dear, I'm so sorry. Sometimes that was my short term coping mechanism too, just to take the edge off it. x

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Enjoy!

I think we all need our moments of letting go and enjoying life as we're able - or really, just coping and surviving in some moments.

Anonymous said...

I had quite a bit of liquid coping this week. : ) <3